Dough from Three Loaves of Bread divided in half or 3 loaves of frozen Bridgeford bread
2 lbs of bulk sausage, cooked, drained and cooled
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs plus one more
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 Tbs Parmesan cheese
- Mix together in large bowl, cooked sausage, 2 eggs, basil and cheese.
- After first rising of bread dough, roll out into two rectangle shapes.
- Spoon sausage mixture down one side of dough within one inch of edges.
- Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- Cut four diagonal slits across top of Stromboli.
- Beat remaining eggs and brush onto top of Stromboli.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover (I never cover mine) and let rise until doubled, about 45 min.
- Bake at 375 for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Slice; serve warm.
Yield: 2 loaves
***Don't forget to enter my first give away of 1 lb of my secret recipe for Pumpkin fudge: