Monday, December 22, 2008

A Home-made Christmas Gift

I received a lovely gift from the D-family and I thought I would share it here.
Sister S. took a home-made pledge this Christmas and we were some of the beneficiaries of it. After services one evening I was summonsed out to their vehicle where I was handed these...




The only difference is the red tin had a really good candy-stick tied to the top that the girls and I devoured on the way home.

The square granite is a trivet for my kitchen which I am making good use of. The man of the house (Brother M.) made this. It looks like a ceramic tile and he glued feet to the bottom of it.


Very nice!
When I opened the tin the first thing I noticed was all the candy kisses since they are my favorite...
Next, I untied the ribbon and found a darling Noah's Ark Christmas tree ornament...
Underneath the ornament we found a lovely hand knitted wash-cloth...

And just when I thought the fun was over, surprise! There lying at the bottom of the tin were two bars of hand-made goat milk soap...


What a lovely Christmas present. A lot of thought and love went into this one and is much appreciated here at the Van Cleve house!

No comments: